Spring Cleanse: Our annual 21 Day Spring Cleanse Challenge begins the weekend of March 22!
* Registration now closed *
According to Ayurveda, good health is dependent upon our capacity to fully metabolize the nutritional, emotional and sensory information that we ingest. When our digestive energies, known as Agni (fire), are robust, we create healthy tissues, eliminate waste products efficiently and produce a subtle essence called ojas. Ojas, which is like our inner sap, is the basis for clarity of perception, physical strength, and immunity. On the other hand, if our agnis are weakened, digestion is incomplete, creating an accumulation of toxic residue known as Ama.
When Ama accumulates, allergies, congestion, headaches, fatigue, chronic pain, low energy, brain fog, moodiness are some of the indications. Have you ever felt this way?
This is the time of year when it is most important to clear Ama from the system. As Spring begins, the warmer weather melts the winter freeze. The same thing is happening within you. After putting on your winter coat ~ adding warm layers, strengthening immunity, and tonifying to the bone ~ your system is now ready to lighten up. If this is done effectively, you have optimal health for Spring and Summer. If not, the system gets clogged, sluggish, rundown and worn out.
That is why Ayurveda places great importance on detoxification in early Spring. And that is why I am offering an easy, do it yourself, in the comfort of your own home, detox program called Spring Clean: The 21 Day Challenge to help you release winter’s accumulation and blossom into your best Spring yet.
Ayurveda is said to be the oldest, most comprehensive system of medicine in the world, which means it has had thousands of years and thousands of patients for trial and error. As such it has evolved time-tested, effective protocols for cleansing, repairing and restoring the body to its best function.
What is an Ayurvedic Detox program?
1) Preparing the Way ~ Week One prepares your body for detoxification, beginning the process gently by introducing Detox Tea, Ayurvedic Herbal Formula, certain natural foods and daily practices to open the channels of elimination safely.
2) Guided Detoxification ~ Week Two involves simple meals that offer a deep tissue cleanse while simultaneously nourishing the body so you don’t have to go hungry.
3) Integration ~ Completing a Detoxification is as important as the detoxification itself. In Week Three, we will reintroduce every day foods, incorporating the best meals, digestive tonics, and practices to maintain that “clean” all Spring.
Our Spring Cleanse begins March 22, 2014 with an introductory call, Saturday at 8am PST.
1) Delicious, wholesome, cleansing and healing recipes for every day of the Detox.
2) Ayurvedic Dinacharya (daily health and harmonizing routines) for Cleansing and for Springtime.
3) Grocery lists for food and body treatments.
4) Yoga, Pranayama, Meditations for purification.
5) Ayurvedic lessons on achieving and maintaining balance through the seasons, especially in Spring, the most important time to establish longevity and optimal health.
6) The science of detoxification with its emphasis on Spring purification.
7) Three 45-minute live calls with Laura that are recorded and available to listen to at your convenience.
8) Daily email support and inspiration.
9) Group motivation via Facebook.
10) Spring recipes, and practices to keep you healthy after our Cleanse.
What do you need?
1) Email to receive the program.
2) A phone to engage for our live calls (all calls will be recorded so you can listen any time).
3) A grocery list will be supplied for you to pick up the simple whole foods that make up our Cleanse.
What have others said?
“I am so impressed by this program. It is so holistic, so nourishing, so educational. I learned so much and truly feel that it has the capacity to change anyone’s life. Just amazing!” ~ Marcia Kimpton
“This has been so wonderful. It has really worked well for me. I’ve lost weight, my skin looks better, reduced the fine lines, and I’ve enjoyed the group. I feel so well supported. There’s a wealth of information. It’s all been so helpful. Namaste!” ~ Nancy Marks
I’m a changed man… Thank you so much for being there, Laura. I learned a LOT of valuable information, and as a single guy, this makes food simple for me–without sacrificing taste. 🙂 I look forward to my next yoga class with you. Hugs to Bhava for his great gifts to the world, also. I love you guys. ~ Boyd Martin
“I feel lighter, clearer, better. By the second week, people were commenting on how good my skin looked. By the third, I had lost 7 pounds, an unexpected benefit. It has been easy. I always felt full and nourished. Definitely recommend it!” ~ Gail Stein
“Really good, and really happy. I don’t want to return to my old ways. Excited, too, that I am down a dress size just in time for a big event.” ~ Pamela
“Beautiful, beautiful. Thanks Laura for doing this. What a mothering soul you have!”
“Thank you for a wonderful call and bringing together such an extraordinary group for this Spring cleanse. I am excited to be a part of this community.” ~ Clea
“This was a wonderful healing cleanse. I liked that I didn’t have to starve as I had struggled with body image as a young woman and completely shut my body down at one point. So I never diet anymore and never weigh myself. I just like that it was filled with healthy food and I was really good on the kitchari days. I also stayed off of coffee for almost 3 weeks. Since then I’ve tried it but haven’t liked it as much. I esp. enjoyed the oil bath in the mornings. It felt like an I love my body the way it is offering! Something new for me. Thanks, Laura.” ~ Dani
“thank you for encouraging us to take on 21 blissful days… a couple of things i found interesting in the last 3 weeks were an increased ability to meditate and a sense of increased focus on tasks. i’m fortunate to live in a place where i can choose a healthy lifestyle, and really become attuned with these finer points of good living. your challenge was met with open arms. we both look forward to… live it in greater fullness. *thank you* for proposing this and being the inspiring teacher that you are!” ~ Scott Davis
“Who knew that Ayurvedic cooking could result in such piquant dishes, perfectly balanced in taste and nutrition? Laura Plumb did, and thanks to her… I can now cook healthy and delicious meals!” ~ Anne-Marie Welsh
Learn Ayurvedic principles for optimal health; let yourself be guided gently into optimal states of energy and wellness; allow a like-minded, intelligent and creative group to support your best self; lose winter weight and lighten up for summer; care for yourself in ways that promote peace, joy, love and confidence; radiate your divine light inside and out!