Are you primarily Vata dosha?
Everyone has all five elements, but Vata has a predominance of space or air, making them free-thinking, free-floating, free-flying, air-bending avatars. Always moving, they keep us on our toes. Life is never boring with a well nourished Vata.
Curious, creative, communicative, our Vatas inspire, innovate, enliven. A Vata person might be inventive, academic, artistic or spiritual. With a lighter frame and an active mind, they can seem like the wind, which means they benefit from grounding practices and warm friendships.
To be Vatalicious:
• Give yourself a daily morning oil massage. Sesame oil is best for Vata dosha
• Include healthy fats (ghee!) in your diet
• Enjoy warm cooked meals at regular times each day
• Sip warm liquids throughout the day, especially ginger lemon tea, cumin-corinader-fennel tea, or spice tea
• Seduce sleep: soak in a lavender epsom salt bath and get to bed early
• Give yourself gentle kindnesses all the time
• Take deep breaths, breathing into your feet as if they could grow roots
• Forward bends are calming. Drop forward any time anxiety rises.
• Remind yourself every day that you are perfect, whole and complete exactly as you are. In fact, you are the clear, spacious sky, the uplifting winds of life, the pollinators, seed bearers, winged generators of beauty, the song of creation in perpetual adoration of existence itself.
If you are Vata, you are the gift of life seeking its highest expression and inviting us all along. Thank you for serving life, its generative and regenerative powers, as you do.
Click the links below to learn more:
- For recipes to support your dosha, check out my Ayurvedically inspired food blog with over 200 recipes!
- You could also get my book, Ayurveda Cooking For Beginners.
- If you would like to take a deeper dive into Ayurvedic wisdom and learn how to help others, join me in 2019 for my new Training in Ayurveda Integrated Nutrition & Health Coaching.
Or go to my Ayurveda Services page and learn how to work with me to optimize your health, light up your heart, and live your soul’s joyful purpose.
Guidance from a divine being! Laura’s counsel took me to next level of my life. Deep and insightful she guided me on a path of next steps to take, and it was delivered with love and support. Truly a gift given by an earth angel.Pamela
Thank you Laura for encouraging the fount of ‘Yes!’Whitney
All that you are sharing has been so clear and easy to follow for ALL. The way you have laid it all out is cohesive and simple. So not to stoke your ego 😉 but to acknowledge your beautiful heart which is so evident in all that you do. Thank you!Robyn